Upgrade and Redeploy the Commander VM Access Proxy
If you are upgrading to Commander Release 8.3, and you used a Commander VM Access Proxy, we recommend that you also upgrade to Version 3.3 of the VM Access Proxy.
To download the VM Access Proxy version 3.3. package, go to the Downloads page.
Version 3.3 of the VM Access Proxy is recommended for use with Commander 8.3.
- Version 3.x of the VM Access Proxy is also compatible with vCommander release 7.5.x, 7.1,x, 7.0.x, 6.1.x, and 6.0.x.
- Version 2.11 of the VM Access Proxy is compatible with vCommander 5.7.10. If you deploy version 2.11, you must also upgrade to vCommander version 5.7.10.
- Version 2.10 of the VM Access Proxy is compatible with vCommander 5.7.9. If you deploy version 2.10, you must also upgrade to vCommander version 5.7.9.
- Versions 2.0 through 2.9 of the VM Access Proxy are compatible with vCommander release 5.7.1-5.7.8, 5.6.x, 5.5.x and 5.2.x.
To redeploy the VM Access Proxy:
- If you want to be able to access the old VM Access Proxy to copy configuration or roll back the upgrade, keep the version old server running.
- Disable or disconnect the network card on the old VM Access Proxy server.
- Deploy the new version of the VM Access Proxy alongside your old version. For details, see Deploying the VM Access Proxy appliance as a thick client
Note: Use the same IP address and DNS/FQDN name for the version 3.x VM Access Proxy server.
- Apply the SSL and customized configurations that you applied to the old server to the new server.
- Apply any required security updates to the new server using the following commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Caution: Don't upgrade the OS of the VM Access Proxy appliance to the next Ubuntu LTS release.
- Start the new VM Access Proxy server.
- Upgrade Commander. See Upgrading Commander.
- In Commander, configure the VM Access Proxy to point to the IP address of the new VM Access Proxy server. See
Configuring the Commander VM Access Proxy.
- Make sure you can open a secure console session through the VM Access Proxy.
- Power off the old VM Access Proxy server until you're ready to decommission it.