Deprecated and Removed Features and Platforms
The following features or platforms have recently been removed or deprecated. If you need more information about any deprecated or removed features, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scanning Guest Operating Systems: The Scanning Guest Operating Systems feature has been deprecated as of Release 8.1 and will be removed in a future release.
- VM Billing Report for Public Clouds: You can use the VM Billing Report for private cloud environments; however, for public or hybrid cloud environments it's recommended that you use the Cloud Billing Report. The ability to use the VM Billing Report for public clouds will be removed in a future release.
- End of Life Policy, Suspect Policy, and Approval Policy: The End of Life policy, Suspect policy, and Approval policy and the relevant VM states were deprecated as of Release 7.0.2 and will be removed in a future release.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012: Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012 has been removed as of Release 8.1.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012: Our support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 now requires SP4 as of Release 8.1.
However, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 support is now considered deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
Note: As of Release 8.1, Microsoft Windows Server 2019 and Microsoft SQL Server 2019 are supported for use with Commander. For information on software, hardware, and other requirements to run Commander, see System Requirements