Comparing One VM to Another
For any specific date, you can select and compare two VMs (including templates) to determine the differences between them. For example, you can compare two different VMs to see if they contain the same patch. You can also compare a VM to itself over a period of time to see what changes have occurred.
- Select a VM or if you know which two VMs you'd like to compare, Shift+Click to highlight them.
- From the Actions menu, choose VM > Compare.
Note: If you have two VMs selected, the action is Compare Two VMs.
- Use the drop-down menu to change one or both of the VMs you previously selected.
- Select or change the date for which you want the comparison to take place.
- Click Categories and enable any or all of the compare options such as Configuration, Lifecycle, Resources, Details, Software, Services and Hotfixes.
- Click Compare.
The results of the comparison are displayed in the Results panel.
Note: The default is set to display differences only. Click the Show Only Differences toggle to switch between showing differences and all properties.
- On the Results panel, expand any of the options titles to see the details of the results.