For any specific date, you can select and compare two VMs (including templates) to determine the differences between them. For example, you can compare a VM to itself over a period of time to see what changes have occurred.
- Select a VM or if you know which two VMs you'd like to compare, Shift+Click to highlight them.
- From the Actions menu, choose VM > Compare.
Note: If you have two VMs selected, the action is Compare Two VMs.
- Use the drop-down menu to change one or both of the VMs you previously selected.
- Select or change the date for which you want the comparison to take place.
- Click Categories and select any compare options.
- Click Compare.
The results of the comparison are displayed in the Results panel.
- Expand any of the compare option titles to see the details of the results.
Tip: The default is set to display differences only. Click the Show Only Differences toggle to switch between only showing differences and showing all properties.