Besides the tasks covered in Daily Operations, you can carry out other less commonly required tasks in the Service Portal:
- Renaming VMs — Rename VMs to group or sort them in the tree.
- Managing VM Snapshots — Preserve the state of a VM so that you can return to that state any time you want without creating multiple VMs.
- Managing Kubernetes Resources — View and manage the configuration of resources in a Kubernetes namespace.
- Connecting VM Media — Connect or disconnect CD/DVD drives and assign datastores.
- Setting Values for Custom Attributes — Provide extra information about a service in an attribute set up by your system administrator.
- Assigning Ownership — Manage the owners of a service.
- Setting Service Expiry Dates — Specify the date when a service is no longer required.
- Setting the End of Life State — Let your system administrator know that you no longer need a service.
Note: What you can see and do in the Service Portal depends on the permissions associated with the role that your administrator has assigned you. Unless otherwise noted, the procedures in this guide assume that users have the highest level of permissions.