Performing Advanced Searches
In the Service Portal, you can perform advanced searches with configurable filters to obtain information for specific items of interest. With an extensive filter set, custom searches can query hundreds of system, service, and infrastructure data points.
When you create an advanced search, you can add multiple filters to your search query to obtain the specific data you are after. Some filters also allow the use a set of secondary filters.
To perform an advanced search:
- Select Search in the left menu.
- Select whether you want to search for information about:
- Virtual Machines
- Virtual Services
- Service Requests
Note: If you're signed in as member of a parent organization, you'll only have access to Virtual Machines and Virtual Services, not Service Requests.
- Select a filter in the first drop-down.
Tip: You can enter a few characters of the filter you are looking for in the field that appears. Corresponding filters will be automatically suggested.
- Depending on the filter you selected, different criteria are available in the next drop-downs such as (this is a partial list only):
- doesn't contain
- doesn't equal
- not on
You can use the following variables in this field:
- * for a replacement of one or more characters
- ? to replace a single character
Tip: If you want to search for a VM that contains * or ? in its name and you want to use either of those characters in your search, enter \* or \?
- select one item and perform tasks using available commands
- pick different columns to display different types of information
- export your search results to CSV format
Note: The Confirm Perform Search dialog may indicate that your search isn't allowed if your requested search will severely impact system performance. In this case, click OK, and select other search criteria.