Requesting New Services
To request a service:
- Go to the Service Catalog.
Note: To save time, you can copy an existing service request. Select a new service request and click Copy Request. Make any changes you want and submit the request. Note that if the service catalog entry upon which the request was based has changed in the meantime (for example, if a component was added or removed), a warning is displayed, and you can't copy the request.
- On the Service Catalog page, for the service that you want to add, click Add Service on the right. Or, if the catalog is displayed as thumbnails, click on a thumbnail.
- For the New Service Request, complete the form that appears.
You must complete all fields marked with an asterisk (*).
Complete the fields in the order they are displayed, from the top of the form to the bottom. If you go back and re-populate fields of a form, you may lose your some of your selections.
If you have permission to see cost information, as you customize your service request, the cost is automatically updated and displayed at the top of the page.
If you see the Override icon next to a field, you can override the value set for the service as a whole.
For example, for a service that contains four components, you could set an expiry date for the service as a whole and then override this date for one of the components. The other three components would take the expiry date from the service. Note that once you have overridden a value for a component, changing the value for the service has no effect for that component. Click the Override icon again to remove the override.
- If you're allowed to select the destination where the service will be deployed, you can select from all of the valid deployment destinations for this service.
Service catalog costs are updated to reflect the selected destination, so that you can understand the cost impact of your decision.
A star rating is displayed for each valid destination for the requested service; you can click an Information icon to understand how each destination is rated for quota, cost and preferred placement attribute values.
When you select Let the system decide and multiple destinations are available, the destination with the highest capacity is displayed as the expected destination. If only one destination is available, you see a read-only field instead of a list of selections. When no destinations are available, Let the system decide is selected.
- When you've completed the form, click Next to advance to the Summary page.
- To add another service to the request, on the Summary page, click Add.
Note: This feature may not be available.
- To make changes to any item in your cart, click Customize.
- When you're satisfied, click Submit.
The request is transmitted to the system administrator. You can now track the progress of your request by returning to the Service Requests page and viewing the request details.
If you navigate to another page before submitting your request, the contents of your request are saved until you sign out.