Setting Service Expiry Dates
To help you manage services, you can set, change or clear expiry dates. After you set an expiry date, you can:
- instantly identify when a service will expire by displaying the date on the Details pane
- search for services based on their expiry state
Note: An expiry date set for a virtual service, application stack or auto scaling group automatically applies to all of its children, overriding existing values. But you can always apply a different expiry date to a child VM if required.
To set or clear an expiry date for a service in the Service Portal:
- Select the service in the tree.
- From the Actions menu, choose Attributes > Set Expiry Date.
- In the Set Expiry Date dialog, choose one of these options:
- To clear any previous expiry date, select No Expiry Date.
- To set the service to never expire, indicating that it's permanently available, select Never Expires.
Note: If you select this option, any Expiry Policy set by your system administrator has no effect on this service.
- To set an expiry date, select Specific Date and select the date for the service's expiry.
- Click Save.