Browser Settings and Issues
This topic discusses how you can make sure the Service Portal displays properly in your browser.
In this topic:
The Service Portal doesn't support multiple connections in the same browser. For example, you can connect to the Service Portal in both Firefox and Chrome at the same time, but you can't connect to the Service Portal in two instances of Firefox at the same time.
For the best display, set your screen resolution to a standard 1280 x 1024 pixels.
Before you sign in, make sure that you:
- turn off any blockers you have for blocking scripts.
- enable pop-ups in your web browser.
- set your browser to accept Commander as a trusted site.
If you're using Internet Explorer to access the Service Portal, there are several issues to note.
For Internet Explorer 11, to prevent display problems when using the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) in the URL (for example,
https://server01.acme.com), you must add the site URL to the Intranet zone:
- In IE 11, go to Tools > Internet Options, and click the Security tab.
- Click the Local Intranet zone, then click Sites.
- In the Local Intranet dialog, click Advanced.
- In the Add this Website to the Zone field, enter the FQDN URL of the site and click Add.
- Click Close, OK and OK to close all of the settings dialogs.
- Refresh your browser.
To download files and export information from tables to a CSV format properly, make sure that the Security settings in Internet Explorer are set to enable file downloads.