Chargeback and IT Costing
With its built-in cost calculation and simple-to-use wizard-based cost models that you can customize for both public and private infrastructure, Commander provides IT chargeback or showback to your users. Commander supports multi-tenant cost configuration, allowing you to present costs for different users, customers or parts of your infrastructure.
Get visibility into VM costs, run what-if scenarios that compare workload costs on different infrastructures, and provide out-of-the-box billing reports for the consumers of your IT services.
Commander also interfaces with third-party platforms for billing, service management and asset management. Working with your existing billing system to invoice customers, Commander's REST API makes it easy to access VM billing records.
Watch our video: Cloud Cost Optimization
Go to Help > Getting Started with Cloud Expense Management for an overview of the steps involved in cloud expense management with Commander.
- Configure Cost Models: Configure private cloud cost models and enhance the default public cloud cost models used for showback and chargeback.
- Check Recommendations: Review and apply rightsizing, power schedule and Reserved Instance recommendations to optimize application performance and reduce costs.
- Run the Cloud Billing Report: Calculate the accrued costs to date for all private and public cloud services.
- Run the VM Comparative Economics Report: Assess the benefits of moving application workloads and applying rightsizing recommendations.
- Run the Reserved Instance Planner Report (AWS): Review Reserved Instance purchase recommendations for each AWS region, OS and instance type.
- Go to Cost Analytics Dashboard: Go to Views > Cost Analytics.
Other topics related to chargeback and IT costing
- Retrieving AWS Billing Data
- Retrieving Azure Billing Data
- Retrieving GCP Billing Data
- How Much Services Cost
- Configuring Global Costs
- Calculating Custom Costs
- Setting Quotas for Multi-Tenancy
- Allocating Service Costs to Multiple Organizations