In Commander, you can set up a process to help you manage service requests received from Service Portal users (as well as from Commander users). You can create and use a service request form by itself or add workflows to create a complete service request process from the initial user request through to deployment and final release of the service to the user.
Check out the Commander Private Cloud Quickstart video to learn about the basic tasks for turning up private cloud automation.
If you're setting up workflow processes, we recommend that you carry out the tasks in the following order. All of these tasks can be accessed from Configuration > Self-Service.
- Placement — Ensure that service requests are deployed to the best destination by customizing the global placement strategy and configuring placement attributes.
- Catalog — Make services available for a Service Portal user to request.
- Forms — Customize the default Service Request Form to help Service Portal users request services.
- Approval — Set up an approval workflow for approving new service requests or change requests.
- Provisioning — Create a custom naming convention for deployed services. Configure automated deployment for approved requests.
- Completion — Set up a completion workflow for new service requests or change requests.
- Notification — Set up email notification to automatically send an email when a service request is submitted by a user.
The following report can be used for service requests: