Monitoring Your Inventory
For the root node of the Inventory tree, the Summary tab in Commander displays an instant and high-level picture of your cloud infrastructure. You can use the root node's Summary tab to monitor your inventory in the Infrastructure, Applications, and Storage views.
In the Infrastructure and Applications view, the Summary tab includes the following sections:
- Public Cloud — displays the number of deployments and virtual networks for your public cloud accounts
- Private Cloud — displays the number of datacenters, hosts, datastores, and networks for your private cloud accounts
- Kubernetes — displays the number of namespaces, nodes, and pods for your Kubernetes resources
- My Dashboard — displays counts of VMs and other cloud infrastructure elements based on searches that are important to you
In the Storage view, the Summary tab includes a General section, which displays the number of cloud accounts, datacenters, hosts, datastores, VMs and templates in and out of inventory, and volumes.
The My Dashboard section of the Summary tab displays a list of up to eight searches about your VMs and other cloud infrastructure elements. Use My Dashboard to see your most relevant and important counts at a glance. As your requirements change, you can replace one, some or all of the searches in My Dashboard. For more information about how to create and save a search, see Performing Advanced Searches.
Note: My Dashboard is only available for the root node in the Infrastructure and Applications views.
You can click on any value in My Dashboard to open up the detailed search results. For information about working with saved searches, see Running and Scheduling Saved Searches.
Views > Inventory > Infrastructure or Applications
All Access Rights Levels
To change the searches displayed on My Dashboard, perform the following steps:
- Select the root node of the Infrastructure or Applications tree.
- Click the Summary tab, then beside My Dashboard, click .
- In the Configure Dashboard dialog, from the list on the left, choose the searches that you want to display and click Add.
Tip: To help you find a search, you can choose a category from the Solution Category bar and the Help Me Find bar.
You can display a maximum of eight searches on My Dashboard.
- Continue making your selections as required and change their order using the Add, Remove, Move Up, and Move Down buttons.
- Click OK.