Monitor and Maintain Commander
This section covers some of the ways that administrators can monitor system activity and optimize Commander performance. Topics include:
- Monitoring Your Inventory
If you select the root Inventory node, the Summary tab provides a quick display of your inventory and the Dashboard section of this tab also provides some important searches for your cloud infrastructure elements, which you can use to quickly see your most relevant and important counts.
- Monitoring Your Infrastructure with Tasks, Alerts, and Events
You can use Commander tasks, events, and alerts to troubleshoot and easily identify what's happening to a VM or other object.
- Maintaining the Commander Database
For a large, busy environment, you can purge historical data to help minimize database size and maintain Commander performance.
- Managing Commander Services with the Control Panel
The Commander Control Panel allows you to manage the Commander services and database.
- Viewing and Updating License Information
- Scheduling Tasks
You can create and manage a number maintenance-focused scheduled tasks.
- Integrating SNMP Servers with Commander
You can set up SNMP so that Commander alerts are fed into a notification system.