Integrating SMTP Servers with Commander
You can set up Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) that enables Commander to:
- send policy alerts to administrators
- send emails to users who request VMs
- send emails to actors in the commissioning process through the optional approval and post-deployment workflow
See also the Snow Commander Knowledge Base article Troubleshooting SMTP Failures.
Configuration > System
Commander Role of Superuser
To configure SMTP:
- Click the SMTP tab.
- On the SMTP page, click Edit for either the Primary SMTP Server or Secondary SMTP Server.
- In the SMTP dialog, enter the host name or IP address of the SMTP server in the Host/IP field.
If your email server doesn't use the default port, 25, specify the port number.
- In the Sender Email field, enter an email address of your choice (such as "email@example.com") to identify the sender.
- If required for authentication on the SMTP server, enter a user name and password.
- If required, enable Use TLS and/or Use SSL.
- If you don't want the configuration to take effect immediately, clear Enabled.
You can return to this task at any time.
- Enter the email account to which you want to send a test email, and click Send.
Commander attempts to send a test email to the email account you specified and displays a success or failure message.
- Click OK.