Tag and Label Enforcement
Ensuring that all members of your organization, from developers to IT, follow corporate standards is a critical part of proper cloud governance. With cloud tag synchronization and tag compliance policy, you can certify that all your instances and VMs follow best practices.
In the Cloud Direct model, you can report on the instances that don't follow your corporate tagging rules. With Cloud Brokered consumption, you can be more restrictive – ensuring that instances are always powered off and even customizing workflows to bring offending instances into compliance.
- Using Custom Attributes to Add Infrastructure Metadata
- Synchronizing AWS Tags and Commander Metadata
- Synchronizing GCP Labels and Commander Custom Attributes
- Synchronizing Azure Tags and Commander Metadata
- Managing Service Tag Compliance
Note: You can use a Tag Compliance Policy to ensure that all services have appropriate metadata. Tags let you track information such as who's incurring service costs. In addition, if you configure a tag compliance policy, you can set up SNMP to send alerts to an SNMP trap listener. See Integrating SNMP Servers with Commander for more information.