Add Commander Metadata to Workflows With Variables
You can use variables provide access to Commander metadata, allowing integration with other systems. You can pass variables to workflow scripts and insert variables in workflow emails.
For basic syntax, see Variable Syntax for Emails and Scripts.
You might want to start with the examples:
- Example: Mapping Request Form Fields to Variables
- Example: Using Variables in Approval Emails
- Example: Specify the Network through an Approval Workflow Script
For more examples of using variables in workflows, see:
If you require other variables, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also use variables:
- In naming conventions. See Customizing Naming Conventions.
- In AWS user data. See AWS User Data Syntax and Supported Variables.
Finally, you can also specify deployment parameters when approving a request and in approval workflow scripts. You can do this through substitution variables; you can also specify network deployment parameters for VMware VMs through REST v3 API calls (see Specify Deployment Parameters for Services for more information).