VM Performance Trending Report
Reports menu > Capacity and Performance > VM Performance Trending
All Access Rights Levels
For a selected VM, use the VM Performance Trending Report to:
- analyze the growth or decline of that VM's resource consumption in the past
- analyze the projected growth or decline of that VM's resource consumption in the future
See Performance metrics for details on the metrics included in the report.
VM performance information is automatically updated each night. To make sure your report contains the latest performance data, you can update VM performance information before running the report.
To generate the report:
- On the Report Generator pane, select the date range for the report. To learn more, see Using Date Filters for Reporting and Searching.
Choose a date before the last purge date. Otherwise, the report may display incorrect values.
- Select one of the two available reporting methods from the Calculate using drop-down list: Average values or Peak values.
The average value is calculated by averaging the resource usage over the last seven days. The peak value is the maximum resource usage over the last seven days.
- Click next to the VM Location field to select a VM, and click OK.
- Select the report interval (Daily, Weekly or Monthly).
- The Trend option allows you to configure whether projected trends for resource consumption are displayed. If you select Yes, a Trend column is added to the Performance Trend table in the report.
In the Trend column, a positive number indicates an upward trend in resource consumption, a negative number indicates a downward trend, and a zero value means resource consumption is not projected to change.
If Commander was not able to obtain performance data every day (if the VM was stopped, for example), the Trend column is a best estimate of the future trend.
- Click Generate.
- On the Generated Reports pane, select the report and click View.
If you generated the report by navigating to a VM and running the Generate Performance Trending Report command, go to Reports > Generated Reports, select the report in the list, and click View.