Cost Analytics allow you to see the cost of all services across all managed systems, providing you with the data you need to make informed cloud cost decisions. Costs include both the costs for VMs and other services that are managed by vCommander and the costs for resources and services that aren't managed by vCommander, but will show up on your bill. Examples of services that vCommander doesn't manage are Data Management and Security Center/Services.
In this section:
- Setting Up Cost Analytics
- Viewing Cost Analytics Charts and Tables
- Setting Service Portal Cost Dashboard Permissions
- Troubleshooting Cost Analytics
Viewing Cost Analytics charts and tables
Views > Solutions > Cost Analytics
All Access Rights Levels
Cost Analytics can show:
- daily costs
- incremental month-to-date costs
- cost increases and decreases over time
- most expensive managed systems
- most expensive organizations
- most expensive services
- costing recommendations and savings
- detailed historical costs
You can use this information to guide policy creation. For example, you may want to create policies that shut down the most expensive services during on-peak hours or migrate certain services from one managed system to another.
You can also export charts in JPG, PNG, PDF or SVG format.
For information on prerequisites, see Setting Up Cost Analytics.