Chargeback and IT Costing
With its built-in cost calculation and simple-to-use wizard-based cost models that you can customize for both public and private infrastructure, vCommander provides IT chargeback or showback to your users. vCommander supports multi-tenant cost configuration, allowing you to present costs for different users, customers or parts of your infrastructure.
Get visibility into VM costs, run what-if scenarios that compare workload costs on different infrastructures, and provide out-of-the-box billing reports for the consumers of your IT services.
vCommander also interfaces with third-party platforms for billing, service management and asset management. Working with your existing billing system to invoice customers, vCommander's REST API makes it easy to access VM billing records.
Getting started with cloud expense management
Watch our video: Cloud Cost Optimization
Go to Help > Getting Started with Cloud Expense Management for an overview of the steps involved in cloud expense management with vCommander:
- Configure cost models: Configure your private cloud cost models, or enhance your public cloud cost models, for infrastructure costs and reporting.
- Assign resource ownership: Assign resource ownership to organizations and users, so that costs are properly assigned.
- Check recommendations: vCommander issues rightsizing, power schedule and Reserved Instance recommendations.
- Run the Cloud Billing Report: Calculate the accrued costs for all public and private cloud services.
- Run the VM Comparative Economics Report: Assess the benefit of moving VMs, applying right sizing recommendations, or both.
- Run the Reserved Instance Planner Report (for AWS): Recommends Reserved Instance purchases for each AWS region, OS and instance type, based on usage metrics.
- View the Cost Analytics Dashboard: Go to Views > Solutions > Cost Analytics.
Other topics related to chargeback and IT costing
- Billing data for all AWS services
- Billing data for all Azure services
- How Much Does a Service Cost?
- Configuring Global Costs
- Calculating Custom Costs
- Setting Quotas for vCommander Multi-Tenancy
- Allocating Service Costs among Multiple Organizations