To get started quickly with vCommander, here are the main tasks:
- Add cloud accounts to vCommander.
You can add any of the following cloud accounts to vCommander as a managed system: an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account, Microsoft Azure subscription,
Google Cloud Platform service account,Kubernetes cluster, VMware vCenter server, or Hyper-V SCVMM server.
- Retrieve billing data or historical events.
- Repeat steps 1-2 for each managed system.
- Integrate with directory services.
You should have an understanding of vCommander Access Control before you continue.
See also the Knowledge Base article Understanding the vCommander Ecosystem.
Getting started with cloud automation
Now you're ready to configure the service request process.
- Create organizations
- Configure organization quotas
- Configure placement strategy
- Configure placement attributes
- Add entries to the Service Catalog
- Create service forms
- Prepare an approval and pre-provisioning workflow
- Configure provisioning and automated deployment options
- Prepare a completion workflow
- Go to vCommander Solutions Overview: Views > Solutions > Solutions Overview
- Managing Your Account
- Navigating the vCommander UI
- vCommander Views
- Customizing the vCommander Display
- Icon Reference
See also the Knowledge Base article System and Browser Settings.
Video Learning Series
Our Cloud Cost Optimization video shows how vCommander features such as power scheduling, rightsizing and reporting help you reduce your public cloud bill.
The vCommander Private Cloud Quickstart video covers the basic Getting Started tasks.
Other videos cover tasks such as VM naming and reporting.
Go to our Technical Support Knowledge Base to find articles designed to assist users and administrators during each stage of your engagement:
Log in to the Support website to access archived our documentation.
Check your License Agreement for the support terms.
Contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 877-599-0494 in Canada and the US, or +1 613-599-0494 from other countries.
Include the following information in your email or have it ready when you call:
- your License Agreement number
- your contact information
- a clear description of the problem