Service Request Automation
In vCommander, you can set up a process to help you manage service requests received from Service Portal users (as well as from vCommander users). You can create and use a service request form by itself or add workflows to create a complete service request process from the initial user request through to deployment and final release of the service to the user.
Check out the vCommander Private Cloud Quickstart video to learn about the basic tasks for turning up private cloud automation.
If you're setting up workflow processes, we recommend that you carry out the tasks in the following order. All of these tasks can be accessed from Configuration > Service Request Configuration.
- Intelligent Placement — Ensure that service requests are deployed to the best destination by customizing the global placement strategy and configuring placement attributes.
- Service Catalog — Make services available for a Service Portal user to request.
- Form Designer — Customize the default Service Request Form to help Service Portal users request services.
- Approval Workflow — Set up an approval workflow for approving new service requests or change requests.
- Provisioning Configuration — Create a custom naming convention for deployed services. Configure automated deployment for approved requests.
- Completion Workflow — Set up a completion workflow for new service requests or change requests.
- Email Notification — Set up email notification to automatically send an email when a service request is submitted by a user.
- Service Requests — Track service requests in the workflow process. Approve (or reject) service requests. Fill service requests.
The following report can be used for service requests: